The Alchemy of Healing
The Soul Retrieval Ceremony
The Soul Retrieval ceremony is a powerful, beautiful and life changing ceremony. A Soul Retrieval is a healing session where a Shamanic Practitioner journeys for you to retrieve any soul parts and/or essences that may have been lost due to trauma or life experience. This ceremony typically includes Extraction work (removing anything that is no longer serving you or perhaps is something you have been carrying for another), Power Animal Retrieval and Soul Part or Soul Essences Retrieval. This ceremony, as in all shamnic work, is the work of great spirit and is done by the helping allies, ancestors and spirits. We here in the material form are the conduits in which this work moves through. A Shamanic Practioner develops and builds relationships with helping allies whose only desire is to ease suffering in this middle world reality. A Shamanic Practioner's training is deeply rooted in how to listen to what spirit would have us do for your highest good as well as continually working on ourselves and administering to our soul's path of leaning so that we can fully get out of the way and thus be a more effective conduit for the healing light of spirit to move through.
Preparation for Soul Retrieval - About the Ceremony
This ceremony, as in all shamanic work, is the work of great spirit and is done by the helping allies, ancestors and spirits. We here in the material form are the conduits in which this work moves through. A Shamanic Practioner develops and builds relationships with helping allies whose only desire is to ease suffering in this middle world reality. A Shamanic Practioner's training is deeply rooted in how to listen to what spirit would have us do for your highest good as well as continually working on ourselves and administering to our soul's path of leaning so that we can fully get out of the way and thus be a more effective conduit for the healing light of spirit to move through.
In the intake prior to the work we will discuss the outline of your life to date. This will provide for a map of sorts for the healing session. In this intake we will discuss these topics listed above. If there are any topics you would prefer not to discuss out loud, that is an aspect to be respected and the work can still occur quite effectively. So please tell me if that is the case with anything and we will go from there.
Also for the Soul Retrieval Ceremony, it is best for you to will invite/bring an Allie with you. This is someone who has your best interests in their heart and whose job will be to assist you in staying present, be a source of love for you and be your support person while the work is hapening. Someone who is a close trusted friend is good for this role.
I will invite a drummer who will assist in the ceremony as well. This is a person who is in our commuinty of healers and who spirit has recomended for this work. Now with that said, this is your soul's work and you get choice in every aspect so that is important to always know as we go forward here.
There will also be give aways which are gifts of the heart you provide for your allie, drummer, practioner. It is said that for a giveaway you should bring something that is in equal value to the healing you would like to receive. Value being value to the heart. I have seen people offer all sorts of things that have some sort of meaning for them or maybe is simply something they intuitively felt called to pick up, such as a candle holder or specific crystal or piece of art. Only you will know. Just follow your heart and intuition for the give aways and you will be all set.
The Soul Retrieval Ceremony - An Outline of the Ceremony
The outline for the Soul Retrieval ceremony consists of the following:
1. Calling in the Spirits - This is spirits work, we call the helping spirits, allies and ancestors in at the begining of the ceremony. The spirits do the work and a Shamanic Practioner is a conduit for that work. The Shamanic work is honoring of all walks of faith and or faces of the great spirit. This aspect invites all participants to pray in whatever way is most honoring of who they are and people are encouraged to pray in whatever way works best for them.
2. The Intake - This is where we will sit together and talking about what your intent for your healing is, what your soul is seeking, what your life experiences have contained to date, your dreams as well as what you feel may be missing.
3. The Soul Retrieval Journey work - This is where the Shamanic drumming will begin and the Shamanic Practitioner will go on a shamanic journey to the other reality on the behalf of the Person receiving the work. Your Allie (your trusted close friend or family member) that has joined you for your healing ceremony will remain with you, and the drummer, here in this material reality to assist in keeping you grounded while also offering loving support while the ceremony is going on.
4. During the Soul Retrieval Ceremony there are 3 main parts that typically occur:
Extraction work - Removing anything that is no longer serving you or perhaps is something you have been carrying for another.
Power Animal Retrieval - A Power Animal is a guardian spirit and helping spirt who is offering their gifts, skills, strengths, protection, insight and guidance to you.
Soul Part or Soul Essences Retrieval - We have all experienced some form of trauma as life often has challenges embedded in it for each of us. Trauma is subjective and typically when something traumatic happens a part of our soul takes off. This is actually to keep us safe as quite honestly much of what we have had to bear in our humanity is often heartbreaking and deeply upsetting. This soul part or parts will take off so we can continue to survive whatever these traumas are. The thing is that eventually we start looking for those soul parts in others. we find ourselves in a trend of relationships or always attracted or repelled to certain qualities. We can find ourselves in a feeling of being caught in a sries of patterns or simply feeling depressed. When these soul parts are returned a feeling of wholeness and deep harmony with self is often the result.
5. Welcome Home - When the Shamanic Journey work has been completed, the drumming will stop and the practioner blows the Soul Parts and Soul essences into the person who is receiving the work. These Soul parts and essences are then 'rattled in' so that they can be fully held and contained by this person who has just come home to themselves.
6. The Outtake - After the ceremony we will then again sit down and do what is called an outtake. this is where we will process what happened in the journey and the practioner will review what was removed (extracted), what was returned, who we met in the journey, relay who the Power Animal is for the person receiving the work as well as discuss any specific messages, insights, reassurances or communications that spirit has provided for the person receiving the work.
7. The Give Aways - This is where the person receiving the work will share the give aways they have brought for the person who was supporting them in their healing, the drummer and the practitioner.
8. Releasing the Spirits - It is with great gratitide that we celebrate this work and close the ceremony by releasing the helping spirits who have provided the healing energies for this ceremony.
Preparation for Soul Retrieval - Linear time duration of Ceremony
The Soul Retrieval ceremony requires up to 4 hours of time to be reserved. It is also advised that you leave your schedule immediately after the ceremony open for integration and /or processing of the work that has just occurred.
To learn more about how to prepare for the Soul Retrieval ceremony please click here
If you are interested in scheduling a Soul Retrieval session or would like to learn more about if this type of work is right for you at this time, please call (206) 919-1640, or email email@example.com.
A Soul Retrieval preparation session via phone is recommended and at least one follow-up Soul Retrieval Integration session 4-6 weeks afterward. For more information on Soul Retrieval Integration Work please click here.